Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pet Safety for Fourth of July



Hi, my name is Bobbie and I want to share some memories of 4th of July. As you can see by the picture above, I use to party in the bathtub. It was the place I go when anxious and upset. All that loud shooting and fireworks bother my sensitive ears. I also do not like cameras, flashing lights or ceiling fans, but that is another story.  It took me awhile, but I have finally trained my mom to help me during these trying times. Thunder shirts (http://www.thundershirt.com/) are really soothing. She also keeps me inside and the curtains closed. Sometimes she turns up the volume on the TV or radio. I get to sit in her lap and get extra hugs. My sisters, Julee and Welsie do not care about the noise. Silly girls!
Some other things you can do are:

·        Keep all your pets inside and make sure the doors and windows are closed.
·        All your furry friends should be micro-chipped and have the collar with ID on.
·        This might be a good time for a frosty treat or a kong treat to keep them        occupied…or even better a new toy!
·        You may check with your vet if these things do not work and there may be medication to help calm your furry friend during this time.

  • Keep an updated photo of your dog. 
 These are also good ideas for the Arizona monsoon season….lightning and thunder can also be very troubling. Remember stay safe and beg for Frosty Paws!!  

No comments: